1. Remember that phone Xiaomi Redmi 2 should be at least 50% charged.
2. Turn on WiFi and connect your Xiaomi Redmi 2 to your network.
3. Now connect the phone to the computer by using the usb cable. In drop down menu select USB icon and choose TRANSFER FILES (MTP).
4. Now all drivers will be installed and you will see phone in My Computer.
5. Copy downloaded firmware to internal memory on the phone.
6. In the settings Xiaomi Redmi 2 go to:
-> About phone
-> System update
-> Tap the Show More button in the upper right corner
-> Select Choose update package
If phone ask for access to phone memory just allow it.
7. Select copied firmware that you do before and press OK button.
8. The update process will start in a few seconds. Firstly Xiaomi Redmi 2 will check if the firmware is compatible with our device. After that phone will start upgrading.
9. Just wait until the process will be completed.
This method is the safest available method.
1. Download fastboot firmware which one you want to flash. Put it on the C:\ drive in a folder without spaces C:\ROM\MIUI
2. Download flashing tool MiPhone.zip.
3. Once installation is complete, run MiFlash application.
4. Select firmware folder from the location where it is saved.
5. Turn off the phone, press and hold the Volume Down Key and the Power Button at the same time to enter Fastboot Mode, then connect the phone to a computer.
6. Press refresh button to see you device in flashing tool.
7. After pressing refresh button you will see connected device.
8. Here you have 3 options to select.
Choose the options carefully as per your need:
Flash_all: Clears all the data of the built-in storage, clear all user data, please be careful! (Clean Install)
Flash_all_except_storaget: Will erase all user data does not clear the built-in storage data.
Flash_all_except_data_storage: Does not clear the built-in storage data and does not clear user data.
Note: It is advised to take all personal data backup on PC/Laptop.
9. Click on Flash and it will start process.
10. Once flashing process completes the device will automatically reboot. Reboot might take upto 5 minutes.